Architecture Department Student Clubs
The following student clubs are based in the Architecture Department. In addition to the student clubs listed below, there are additional clubs associated with the CAED and each department. For a full list of these clubs go to the CAED Student Clubs web page.
Alpha Rho Chi (APX)
Founded in 1914, Alpha Rho Chi (APX) is a national co-ed social and professional fraternity for students of architecture and the allied arts. Though the chapter mostly consists of students from throughout the CAED, Alpha Rho Chi welcomes members of all years and majors having an interest in architecture or a related field. APX promotes success and love of the profession by creating lasting bonds between members at both local and national levels. Alpha Rho Chi offers events such as professional workshops, faculty socials, national convention, local volunteer work, retreats and member socials, firm and job site visits, and alumni networking. Most years recruitment occurs only during Fall Quarter, though a second recruitment is occasionally held in the Winter.
Alpha Rho Chi meets Sundays at 6:00 PM in Building 05, Room 100.
- President: Joseph Lou, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Malcolm Edmiston, email@example.com
- Treasurer: Dylan Santangelo, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scribe: Joseph Lou, email@example.com
- Clerk: Aidan Stofka, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pledge Trainer: Hailee Malins, email@example.com
- Professional Director: Selin Oner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Coordinator: Ron Patanavin, email@example.com
- Superintendent: Andrew Hensen, firstname.lastname@example.org
The American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS)
The American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) is an independent, nonprofit, student-run organization dedicated to providing unmatched progressive programs, information, and resources on issues critical to architecture and the experience of education. The AIAS is the student affiliate of the AIA and your link to professionals in the fields of architecture and environmental design. The AIAS aims to promote excellence in architectural education, training, and practice; to foster an appreciation of architecture and related disciplines; to enrich communities in a spirit of collaboration; and to organize students and combine their efforts to advance the art and science of architecture.
AIAS Email: email@example.com
- President: Jillian Villegas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-President: Hans Romine, email@example.com
- Secretary: Alex Jenkins, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Aanyaa Khara, email@example.com
- Academic Events Coordinator: Academic Events Coordinator: Grace Gruverman, Lindsay Hamilton, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Social Events Coordinator: Kevin Cuate, Isabella Pineda, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Marketing Coordinator: Samhita Vallamreddy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Historian: Beth Rumsey, email@example.com
- Fundraising Coordinator: Ariel Hurwitz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCARB Licensing Advisor: Kiah Spraker, email@example.com
- Freedom By Design Director: Eric Roberts, Sarah Rhea, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
National Organization of Minority Architecture Students (NOMAS)
NOMAS is the student branch of the National Organization of Minority Architects (NOMA). NOMA’s purpose is to champion diversity within the design profession by promoting the excellence, community engagement, and professional development of its professional and student members. NOMA is all about opportunity – members become part of a network of over 500+ professionals and over 50 student chapters nationwide. This extensive network provides members with opportunities to network and develop crucial professional relationships. The mentorship and support openly shared between the professional members and students is truly unique and often leads to internships and full time employment opportunities upon graduation.
- President: Dara Lin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Eduarda Boettcher, email@example.com
- Secretary: Aranza Perez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Joyce Ooi, email@example.com
- Faculty Advisor: Jermaine Washington, firstname.lastname@example.org
5th-Year Architecture Student Committee
The 5th-Year Architecture Student Committee is a student body comprised of representatives from each 5th-year architecture thesis studio. The Committee was founded in 2013 in order to assist with and augment the 5th-year curricular emphasis on promoting a vital and diverse architectural discourse. Such discourse fosters an intellectual environment in which our graduating students learn to persuasively advocate for ideas intended to make a difference in the world, in order to prepare them to become eventual leaders and innovators within the discipline and profession of architecture.
Accordingly, the 5th-Year Architecture Student Committee is responsible for assisting the 5th-year faculty with promoting increased discourse between 5th-year students, and also with promoting increased intellectual engagement among students within the Department as a whole. This is pursued through the Committee's planning and organization of various exhibitions of student work throughout the year, through their supervision of a Membership Program between 5th-year students and 2nd/3rd year students, and through their development of additional opportunities for discussion and information sharing.
2022-23 Committee Co-Chairs:
- Faculty Advisor: Doug Jackson, email@example.com
Updated 10.17.2022 (CT)