MS Architecture Application Process and Deadlines
Overview of Application Deadlines
The Masters of Science in Architecture (MS ARCH) Program accepts qualified applicants on a rolling admission basis. Applicants who have submitted complete files can be reviewed and accepted anytime during the filing period.
- Applications are accepted for Fall admission only and access to online University application form is available from October 1.
- Applicants filing period is from October 1 to February 1.
- For the complete application process, transcript information, and deadlines, see: admissions.calpoly.edu/applicants/graduate.
- International students should see: admissions.calpoly.edu/applicants/international.
For online graduate application see: Cal State Apply (www2.calstate.edu/apply), then select the Apply for Fall button.
MS ARCH Program Supplemental Components
In addition to the University requirements, the MS ARCH Program requires the following items be uploaded to the Cal State Apply (www2.calstate.edu/apply) web site (all files submitted as PDFs).
- Three (3) letters of reference reflecting your motivation, maturity, and academic performance. Letters must be on letterhead and signed from the recommender.
- One Portfolio that must adhere to the following guidelines (Portfolio Submission Upload information sheet):
- Submit as a Single PDF Formatted Portfolio that is 8 ½ x 11 that does not exceed 15 pages total (includes the cover page). Document should not exceed 15 MBs in size (Files larger than 15 MBs will not be reviewed)
- A cover page with your name, email address, and telephone number
- An index page listing content of Portfolio
- A brief statement of purpose (300 words) addressing your understanding of the MS ARCH Program and must select from one of the graduate research areas and provide your career and educational objectives
- A Resume (max 2 pages)
- Portfolio of academic and/or professional work: Work submitted shall be clearly labeled so the context is understood. With all group or professional work, it should be clearly indicated what your role on the project was and list all others that you collaborated with.
For MS ARCH specific admissions information, contact the MS ARCH Program
For Cal Poly admissions information contact the Admissions Office:
For federal and state financial aid information, contact the Financial Aid Office: