Areas of Expertise
Housing & Sustainable Community Design
Housing Issues & Concepts
Non-profit Community-Based Design & Research
Fundamentals of Architectural Design
Master of Architecture, University of CalIfornia, Berkeley, 1968
Bachelor of Architecture, UC Berkeley
Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo, Ca.; 1980-2008
University of Illinois, 1970-1975
Facultad Arquitectura, Benemerita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla, Mexico, Oct. 2002
(Graduate level short course: Case Studies in New Housing Development).
Register Architect: Colorado, 1975-present
SLO Green Build
Local Government Commission
- Photographic / case-study collections: "Urban Life: Small Urban Spaces & Courtyard-based, Mixed-use Building Typologies in Mexico’s Heritage Cities"
- Bank of America’s "Low Income Housing Challenge" statewide annual competitions: Faculty Advisor to 5 years of winning CAED entries, 1994-1999.
- AIA/Union Of European Architects’ Joint International Competition for Sustainable Communities, Chicago 1993, First Award of Integrated-Comprehensive Professional Category, with faculty team.
- Faculty Merit Award 1994, Arch Dept. Cal Poly
- Exceptional Faculty Merit Service Award 1984
- CAED Outstanding Faculty Member 1983, CAED Student Council.
- Private and public consulting, housing & neighborhood/community design, 1990-present.
- Principal of private practice in Passive Solar Architecture, Durango, Colorado, 1975-1980. (See projects in The Passive Solar Energy Book by Edward Mazria).