Areas of Expertise
Childs holds a B.Arch from the Architecture Department at Cal Poly, San Luis Oispo, and has continued on to practice in the greater San Luis Obispo area for over 15 years.
- Bachelor of Architecture, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, 2007
- Lecturer, Architecture Department, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, 2022-Present
- Owner, CWA_Studios, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Project Architect, Garcia Architecture + Design, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Project Manager, Stalwork, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Licensed Architect in California
- NCARB Registration
USGBC, LEED Accredited Professional
Professional Memberships and Affiliations:
- AIA, American Institute of Architects
- California Architects Board, Subject Matter Expert Consultant
- Alpha Rho Chi - Alumni
Awards / Honors / Publications:
- AIACCC - President's Citation
- Living Lavishly, Fall/Winter 2021 Volume 13 - "COVID Clubhouse"
- AIACCC - Award of Honor, January 2021 - Bridge Street Lofts (GA+D)
- AIACCC - Award of Citation, January 2021 - 40 Prado Homeless Center (GA+D)
- AIACCC - Award of Citation, June 2016 - Tigerliliy Salon (GA+D)
- San Luis Obispo Downtown Association, March 2017 - Beautification Award - SLO Brew (GA+D)
- Vellum Furniture Competition - Award Recipient, '06, '08, '09
- dwell.com, February 2010 - "Sunset District Remodel"
- LA Times, August 2009 - "Jacket Copy"
- re-nest.com, August 2009 - "The Project & the Chair"
- evolo-arch - Skyscraper Design Competition, Honorable Mention
- Alpha Rho Chi Medal 2006 - Award Recipient
- Design Village 2005 - Most Innovative Design + People's Choice Awards
- Solar Decathlon 2005 - 3rd Place Team Member, International Design-Build Competition