Ruhnau Clarke Architects
|ADDRESS||3775 Tenth St.|
|CITY, STATE, ZIP||Riverside, CA, 92501|
|CONTACT PERSON||Karen Holloway|
|PRACTICE/OFFICE WEB SITE||ruhnauclarke.com|
|JOB TITLE||Project Manager in Riverside|
|APPLICATION CLOSES||When filled|
|SALARY||Commensurate with experience|
Ruhnau Clarke Architects is currently in a growth mode and we are looking for employees who are driven and love a challenge. We currently have a position available in our Riverside office for a Project Manager. We are architects specializing in K-12 andhigher educational facilities, public use projects, medical facilities and retail projects. Ruhnau Clarke Architects offers excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with experience.
A Project Manager for Ruhnau Clarke Architects is a key position in the firm and is considered a critical position in managing all phases of a project from schematic design through construction and project closeout. As the primary day to day contact to the client and governing agencies, a Project Manager has the primary responsibility for assisting in the development and monitoring of the project scope budget, project schedule, and planning of a project as well as lead the design team in the development of the design documents (drawings and specifications) on a given project. Project Managers are to be critical observers in assessing and coordinating with the Principal in Charge any potential changes in project scope, service, and/or potential project risks.
- Education: Architectural degree from an accredited university or equivalent demonstrated proficiency.
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years’ experience in production and coordination of design documents in all phases of an architectural project; minimum 5-8 years coordinating with state, county, and local governing agencies that have oversight on a project, DSA experience preferred; Architectural License strongly recommended.
- Software: Microsoft Office Suite Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.) or demonstrated equivalent and proficiency; AutoCAD & Revit production software, and Bluebeam.
- Establish productive working relationships, and listen, communicate, deal effectively and cooperatively with clients, team members, consultants, and government agencies.
- Coach, mentor, and provide performance-enhancing feedback of assigned team members.
- Ability to professionally communicate and delegate respectfully both verbally and in writing to give assignments to office support staff, consultants, and vendors.
- Be proficient with all Ruhnau Clarke Architects’ documentation and office practice systems; provide input on ways to improve communication processes and practices.
- Write meeting minutes, AFO’s, change orders, RFI responses, and professional correspondence for self-managed projects.
- Assist in review of scope of work and agreements with consultant are in alignment with project objectives.
- Write RFP’S and negotiate contracts and fees with clients and consultants as directed and supervised by the Principal in Charge.
- Have a support role in marketing for new work, interviews and writing marketing proposals as directed by a Principal or other firm leader.
- Maintain primary contact with client and have excellent follow-through with client to help get repeat work.
- Estimate project schedule and project phase hours for assigned tasks and finish tasks within agreed upon budget hours for said task(s).
- Manage projects, budgets, schedules, staffing, and coordinate billing as requested.
- Collaborate with design and production staff, construction administrator, and consultants.
- Work to keep projects within designed work plans; contribute to firm profits and revenues, and use resources effectively.
- Understand contractual liabilities as they relate to projects including fee calculations,
- Assist in the preparation of plans of action with their supervisor for resolving project related problems.
- Ensure that project conforms to contractual agreement with client, meeting all set budgets, goals, and work assignments for their project team that clearly defines project expectations.
- Participate in project design charrettes.
- Integrate design principles with project design team and maintain design integrity through all phases of the project.
- Coordinate with government agencies, utility companies, and resolve plan check and approval issues with all governing agencies that have jurisdictional authority over the project.
- Review documents to ensure the clients’ and Ruhnau Clarke Architects’ minimum standard of quality, coordination, and compliance with the requirements of deliverables in all phases of a project.
- Guide and direct project team and consultants for appropriate materials and systems.
- Review documents for code compliance in all phases and issue code interpretations.
- Review cost estimates and conduct value analysis.
- Review and approve changes in collaboration with the project design team and client.
- Supervise and resolve issues in preparation of construction documents.
- Demonstrate capabilities to support Construction Manager during the Construction Administration phase of the project.
- Responsible for the coordination and completeness of the construction drawings and specifications.
For consideration please email cover letter, resume, and work samples including construction documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.