TIS Construction Services, Inc.
|ADDRESS||713 East 223rd Street|
|CITY, STATE, ZIP||Carson, CA, 90745|
|CONTACT PERSON||Anh Nguyen|
|PRACTICE/OFFICE WEB SITE||www.tisusa.com|
|JOB TITLE||Project Coordinator/Jr. Estimator|
|SALARY||Based on experience and skills|
Project Coordinator/Jr. Estimator
Full Time Position
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity? TIS is looking for a full-time Project Coordinator/Jr. Estimator to join our team!
We are a small to mid-size successful and growing construction company. Working with us will allow you to wear many different hats and learn about many facets of construction.
Founded in 1987, TIS started with one goal in mind, to partner with our clients providing a team approach in the commercial, institutional, and healthcare sectors. TIS partners with nationally recognized companies and our ability to create strong interactive relationships with our clients, architects, and subcontractors is truly the reason for our continued success.
TIS is looking for a hard-working individual who can integrate to our team and is looking for future growth within the construction industry. Humanyen is partnering with TIS to find the top talent for this role! Please send your current resume and contact details to email@example.com if you are interested in this role.
What a day in the life might be like…
- Read/analyze plans
- Write scopes of work for clients and sub-contractors, and assemble competitive estimates
- Effectively manage daily work output, meet bid deadlines, and work in a fast paced environment
- Represent the company on pre-bid job walks with owners and/or architects, and relay site visit information to other team members and trade-contractors as required
- Orchestrate and manage trade-contractor site visits
- Analyze trade-contractor estimates for scope accuracy and completeness
- Write scope and distributing it to the Sub Contractors to minimize stranded scope, omissions and double coverage.
- Creating budgetary quotes for customers with limited information and plans. This would also include scope creation as needed to pull a budget together, work may also include creating scope of work drawings using software such as Auto-Cad or Trimble Sketch-up/Layout
- Perform accurate quantity take offs using digital take off
- Compile and update historical cost data for use in conceptual or rough order of magnitude estimates.
- Provide cost/ benefit analysis of building systems and provide value engineering input during the estimating process.
- Reviews data and blueprints to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists of cost estimates.
- Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for purposes such as planning, organizing, and preparing bids, vendors or subcontractors agreement, and determining cost effectiveness.
- Assist change order review, quantification and ROM values on selected projects.
- Manage RFI’s, Addendums, Notifications and communicate with clients during bid process.
What your background will be:
- Bachelor’s degree/ In-progress or completed
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
Self-guided access and learning to use the following programs:
- On screen take off or computer assisted take off software
- Timberline/Sage construction software
- SketchUp, AutoCad, or 3D drawing software
This job might be for you if:
- You manage your time effectively.
- You plan enough time to complete projects with quality and don’t ever push deadlines until the last minute.
- You take initiative to learn independently.
- You are not afraid to ask questions when things are unclear and look things up when you’re unsure.
- You are constantly willing to learn and thirst for more knowledge.
- You have a strong work ethic.
- You have a dedication to improving skill set and will work hard at learning new things, staying curious, and thinking critically.
- You are willing to adjust to new ideas and ways of doing things.
- You believe in thinking through different solutions to problems and striving for process improvement.
- You pay attention to detail.
- You think anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time.
- You stay focused, organized, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You are a wizard at note taking and documentation.