|Address||3130 20th Street, Suite 190|
|City, State, Zip||San Francisco, CA, 94110|
|Contact Person||Brett Moyer|
|Practice/Office Web Site||studiovara.com|
|Job Title||Project Architect|
|Application Closes||when filled|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Studio VARA is a San Francisco based design practice encompassing Architecture, Urban Design and Interior Design. We are looking for an exceptional Project Architect to assist us immediately with contemporary residences, multi-family residential, and commercial projects.
We are looking for a highly motivated design and technically-minded individual with a minimum of 7-10 years of post-degree experience in custom residential and/or commercial experience. Candidates must combine considerable construction detailing experience with communication skills that match their design & technical acumen, since the selected candidate will be coordinating our staff and consultants.
Our award-winning studio is young, dynamic, creative, and collaborative with plenty of room for professional growth. We have the feel of a startup, but with the depth of experience and professionalism of a larger office.
- Work with project principals to oversee all phases of projects from schematic design through construction administration.
- Lead the design, detailing, and full documentation of the interior & exterior architecture on selected projects.
- Assign tasks to staff members and manage deadlines for production, renderings, presentations and research.
- Produce and manage project schedules, work plans, client correspondence and documentation.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience including the interior architecture of high-end residential, hospitality and/or commercial projects. Experience with multi-family residential projects is a plus.
- Modern design skills and strong abilities in technical detailing for Type-V construction. Experience with other building Types is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of construction detailing and assemblies, and management of construction documents including considerable experience in producing a complete construction document set.
- Considerable experience coordinating project consultants.
- Clear written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization and production skills.
- Experience mentoring junior staff and delegating some production while also being very involved with project documentation.
- Proficiency in any or all of the following platforms required: Revit, VectorWorks or AutoCAD.
- Experience with Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, V-Ray and 3D Max are a plus.
- Licensed architect in California or in the process of licensure.
Studio VARA is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Consideration will be given without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is full time, permanent position with employer-paid full medical, dental & vision insurance, and an available 401k plan. We offer competitive compensation dependent on experience & education. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com. No calls please.