Douglas Pancake Architects, Inc.
|ADDRESS||19000 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 500|
|CITY, STATE, ZIP||
Irvine, CA 92612
|PRACTICE/OFFICE WEB SITE|
|JOB TITLE||Architect/Project Manager|
|SALARY||Commensurate with experience|
Seeking an experienced architect to join our innovative team. We specialize in the senior housing industry, creating beautiful, supportive and healing environments for the most frail and vulnerable members of our communities. Our architects can expect to work on many different building types. These include independent living complexes, assisted living housing, skilled nursing facilities, and state-of-the-art Alzheimer’s care facilities. If you are eager to work creatively on a variety of projects, check out our website to view our portfolio of stunning designs.
We currently have a need for a proven and experienced professional.
Duties will include:
- Manage the research, planning, design, construction documents and construction administration for multiple projects.
- Provide leadership and direction to assure projects are completed on time and in budget by developing schedules, and monitoring the project team’s progress towards deliverable schedules and milestones.
- Collaborate and coordinate with subconsultants, including mechanical, plumbing, electrical, structural, civil, and interior designers.
- Interface with all Agencies with Jurisdiction over project (planning, zoning, fire, OSHPD, etc.)
- Ensure quality standards and office production standards are met by reviewing all documents prepared for each project.
- Maintain active status on existing permits, including permit modifications during construction, and ensure compliance and final certification.
- Provide quality service by working closely with others to ensure fulfillment of clients’ needs.
- Prepare cost projections for permit and construction impact fees.
- Obtain proficiency in BIM and other required computer software to document a project and guide a team through all phases of design and construction.
- A Degree in Architecture from an accredited university.
- Architectural License preferred, or actively seeking IDP and professional license
- Experience in large multi-story, residential, and institutional projects. OSHPD experience is a plus.
- Experience with BIM software.
- A minimum of 10 years of architectural design, production, and technical experience through all phases of project design, documentation, and construction administration, with 5-10 years of proven organizational and project management experience.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, paid healthcare insurance, vacation and sick pay, a performance-based bonus/incentive program, and profit sharing/401k plans. Our environment fosters professional and personal growth with mentorship and fun morale-building events. Experience in housing and healthcare occupancies is desirable but not required.