The mission of the Architecture Department is to provide diverse and comprehensive educational opportunities for persons preparing to serve society as responsible, ethical and creative individuals involved in the design of the built environment and the profession of architecture. The department achieves its mission through excellence in teaching, scholarship, creative work, and service, with a strong commitment to providing a learning environment that develops the ability to make design judgments that integrate and synthesize technical, contextual and experiential issues in the creation of the built environment.
- To create a teaching/learning environment that develops an ability and passion for the lifelong pursuit of knowledge and understanding in the design of the physical environment and the practice of architecture.
- To create teaching, learning and work environments that support physical and mental health and personal and professional growth.
- To provide educational opportunities to pursue design excellence, technical knowledge and contextual understanding in the creation of the built environment.
- To provide educational opportunities to gain an understanding and appreciation for the interdisciplinary nature of design and the profession of architecture.
- To provide educational opportunities to gain an understanding and appreciation for the diversity manifest in the people, societies and cultures in relationship to the design and use of the built environment.
- 2017 Decision Letter
- 2017 Visiting Team Report
- 2017 Architecture Program Report (APR)
- 2015 Procedures for Accreditation
- 2014 Conditions for Accreditation
- 2013 Interim Report
- 2012 Annual Report (Narrative Only)
- 2011 Annual Report (Narrative Only)
- 2011 Decision Letter
- 2011 Visiting Team Report
- 2010 Architecture Program Report (APR)
- 2010 Annual Report (Narrative Only)
- 2009 Annual Report (Narrative Only)
- 2009 Conditions for Accreditation
For the statement on NAAB-accredited degrees, please see the Prospective Students webpage.
ARPT and Peer Review Committee (PRC)
- Appointment, Retention, Promotion & Tenure Guidelines (PDF)
- Peer Review Committee Membership & Procedures
- Periodic Evaluation Assistance
- Professional Development Plan Guidelines
- Faculty Evaluation Report Guidelines
- Syllabus Guidelines
- Student Work Portfolio Guidelines
- Curriculum Vitae Guidelines
- Collective Bargaining Agreement (MOU)
Career Information and Professional Organizations
- CAED Faculty Credentials & Membership Funding Form (doc)
- Instructions: Applicants must fill in the necessary information on the form, attach an invoice or payment instructions, and send it to the ARCH Department Head for approval before forwarding to CAED.
- Cal Poly Career Services
- NCARB - Architectural Registration Examination (ARE)
- The Emerging Professional's Companion (EPC)
- Toward an Evolution of Studio Culture, AIAS 2008 Report (PDF)
- The Redesign of Studio Culture: 2002 AIAS Report (PDF)
- 4th Year Off-Campus Process
- Independent Study 4th Year Design Policy
- Academic Dishonesty Form
- Academic Dishonesty Policy
- Advising Policy
- Anonymous Student Misconduct Form
- Architecture Department Faculty Handbook 11/22/16 (PDF)
- Cal Poly Code of Conduct
- Construction Management Minor Policy
- Computer Policy
- Curriculum Committee Policy
- Executive Order 1098
- Faculty Development Funds Policy
- Faculty Request for a Conduct Presentation (NEW)
- Faculty Workload Policy
- Grading Policy
- Information for Faculty & Staff (UPDATED)
- OSRR Forms and Templates (NEW)
- Studio Enrollment Policy
- Studio Use Policy
- Time Conflict Request Policy
- CAED Tech Team: www.caed.calpoly.edu/techsupport
- Resources & Policies: A Listing of Links
- Campus Emergency Management Plan (PDF)